Featured Post

The Christian Perspective on the Old Testament

Unfortunately, too many Christians have allowed themselves to harbor extreme views with regard to the role which they permit the Old Testame...

Thursday, July 30, 2020

The Bible: You Don't Know As Much As You Think You Do!

"Behold, God is great, and we know him not, neither can the number of his years be searched out." Job 36:26

"Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding." Isaiah 40:28

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?" Romans 11:33-34

"For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Corinthians 13:9-12

1 comment:

  1. “The Riddle Of The Sphinx”

    At first men try with magic charm
    To fertilize the earth,
    To keep their flocks and herds from harm,
    And bring new young to birth.

    Then to capricious gods they turn
    To save from fire or floods;
    Their smoking sacrifices burn
    On altars red with blood.

    Next bold philosopher and sage
    A settled plan decree,
    And prove by thought or sacred page
    What Nature ought to be.

    But Nature smiles –A Sphinx-like smile–
    Watching their little day
    She waits in patience for a while
    Their plans to dissolve away.

    Then come those humbler men of heart
    With no completed scheme,
    Content to play a modest part,
    To test, observe and dream.

    Till out of chaos come in sight
    Clear fragments of a Whole–
    Man, learning Nature’s ways aright,
    Obeying, can control.

    The great Design now glows afar;
    But yet its changing scenes
    Reveal not what the pieces are
    Nor what the Puzzle means.

    And Nature smiles –still unconfessed
    The secret thought she thinks–
    Inscrutable she guards unguessed
    The riddle of the Sphinx.

    “natura enim non nisi parendo vincitur”

    ReplyDelete