Featured Post

The Christian Perspective on the Old Testament

Unfortunately, too many Christians have allowed themselves to harbor extreme views with regard to the role which they permit the Old Testame...

Sunday, August 6, 2023

CGI has a new booklet available

The Church of God International is currently accepting orders for "He Made Them Male and Female"

My reaction:

Yes, God created humans to be male and female. He also made them to have two eyes to see, two ears to hear, two arms, two hands, two legs, ten digits on both, two lungs to breathe, a heart to pump blood, a brain, etc. Sometimes, however, we produce copies without some of these features or with serious defects which cause them not to function in the manner that HE intended!

3 comments:

  1. Do you think CGI would agree with your reaction? I'm not sure what you're getting at.

    Also, do you happen to know who wrote the booklet? I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't expect them to agree. The point that I'm trying to make is that humans very often don't turn out the way that God originally intended. Unfortunately, birth defects/mutations are not uncommon (e.g. people are occasionally born with the genitalia of both sexes). I couldn't find an author listed, but I do know that Mike James was working on this subject (and the style of the booklet suggests to me that he may be the author or one of its main contributors). By the way, I like your blog, and I'm glad that you made it back to God!

      Delete
    2. Thank you.

      Yes, defects happen.

      By the way, your dad "baptized" me in 1993. I still pray for him.

      Delete