Featured Post

The Christian Perspective on the Old Testament

Unfortunately, too many Christians have allowed themselves to harbor extreme views with regard to the role which they permit the Old Testame...

Friday, May 15, 2020

A Reason To Continue

As long-time readers of this blog know, I have attempted to bow out of blogging here on a number of occasions over the last year or two. Sometimes it has felt like I've been "spinning my wheels." In short, the terrain and arguments often feel uncomfortably familiar - you know the Deja vu thing.

When I read or listen to things that Armstrongites and others are talking about, it often feels like being in a rut/hole or stuck in a Bill Murray style Groundhog Day time warp! And then I begin to think that it's all been said before: Why must we keep going over this same ground? Hasn't everything been said that needs to be said on this or that topic?

I will, however, inevitably read or hear something that makes me want to come out of my self-imposed retirement and respond. Why? Because we can't leave people in the ditch. Most of us feel compelled to help people - especially folks who we perceive to be in bad situations from which we have made our own escape. There is this feeling of "I survived that - you can too!"

I see the way that people continue to limit God, and it makes me frustrated. I see the narrow-mindedness, the binary thinking, the arrogance and superiority, and I feel compelled to weigh in on it and attempt to knock it down before it causes anymore damage than it already has. I think too about the depression and hopelessness that I have experienced in times past, and I want to share that there is light at the end of the tunnel - fresh air on the other side.

Hence, while I may take an occasional hiatus from writing or posting comments, I've begun to realize that I will probably never withdraw from this completely. If even one person remains bruised, battered and lying in the ditch, how can I ignore them and pass by on the other side of the road? No, as long as I'm in a position to offer assistance, I have a feeling that that is exactly what I need to be doing.

So, from here on out, a temporary silence doesn't mean I've given up and gone away. As Arnold Shwarzenegger once said, I'll be back! 

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear. I appreciate your postings, as do others, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete