Featured Post

Pledges, Oaths, and Service to the Nations of This World?

In the Hebrew Torah, pledges and oaths, along with the service which flows from them, are regarded as sacred responsibilities to God and/or ...

Thursday, June 13, 2024

The Helper

The Holy Spirit is a manifestation of the One True God (like the Father and the Son). In the Greek of the Gospel of John, Jesus referred to it as the Parakletos (the one who is called to the aid of someone, the advocate, the helper). In the fourteenth chapter of that account, we read that Jesus told his disciples: "If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you." (John 14:15-17, ESV) He went on to say: "These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you." (John 14:25-26, ESV) This is the manifestation of God which makes its abode in us (John 14:23 and I Corinthians 3:16-17).

No comments:

Post a Comment