Featured Post

The Christian Perspective on the Old Testament

Unfortunately, too many Christians have allowed themselves to harbor extreme views with regard to the role which they permit the Old Testame...

Monday, October 2, 2023

The "I AM" Statements of Jesus in the Gospel of John

1. I am the bread of life (John 6:35, NKJV)

2. I am the light of the world (John 8:12)

3. I am the door of the sheep. (John 10:7)

4. I am the good shepherd. (John 10:11)

5. I am the resurrection and the life. (John 11:25)

6. I am the way, the truth, and the life. (John 14:6)

7. I am the true vine. (John 15:1)

Do you think that the author included these seven metaphorical statements by design? OR Is it merely coincidence that they appear in this Gospel? In this connection, it should also be noted that the Gospel of John attributes this statement to Jesus: "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM" (John 8:58) Once again, do you think that John was trying to tell us something about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment